Sunday 16 May 2010

Paintball part 1

Hi all!!:)
This time I would like to acquaint you with themes related to paintball.

Introduction
Paintball is a team sport where players eliminate opponents by shooting them with capsules containing paint from a paintball gun, called the marker. This game is for everyone, but the best player's characterized by the: experience, ability to keep cold blood, flair, strategic thinking, team play and also necessary is good condition. Many organized tournaments allow to choose the best teams and players. Paintball is very often used and purposes as integrative or recreational sports.
According to the research paintball is one of the safest sports on the world, it's more secure than golf, tennis, football or even jogging.

History
Paintball was invented quite recently because in the early 80's of XX century in USA by three Americans Bob Gurnsey, Hayes Noel, Charles Gaines. They came up with the idea of bloodless game using markers used by farmers for marking cattle from a distance. The first paintball game was held at 27 of June 1981 in New Hampshire and there was 12 players. Their goal was to get four flags without been hit by other team members. Very interesting fact is that the winner was a person who has not fired any single shot.



Necessary equipment
Every player is required to have five basic pieces of equipment:
- Paintball marker, special gun used to tag an opposing player
- Loader, container for the paint balls for keeping the marker fed with ammunition
- Air cylinder with compressed air or CO2























- Mask, is an essential security element for protects the face, eyes and ears of the player




















- Paint balls



Types of games
There are many types of games, however there is only one rule, the winner is the team which will reach their goal losing the least players. The game may take in closed place (halls, bunkers), in open terrain (eg forest)or on special fields with obstacles. The are two official variants of the game:
Speedball - it's sports version of paintball, the game takes on a specially prepared field with
obstacles. This version is distinguished by two European leagues (the Millennium Series and Centurion Circuit) and 3 Polish league (PLP - Polish Paintball League PLP5 - Polish Paintball League 5-players and PLP3 - Polish Paintball League 3-players)

Woodsball - also known as woods paintball, hillball or bushball. Is a format of paintball gaming, in which players compete in a natural outdoors area (woods, wasteland, industrial areas etc.) In this version of the game players use a camouflage and the game takes place in accordance with the agreed scenario, such as reconstruction of a clash of war.


Questions
1. Do you ever played paintball?
2. Did you find any bugs in my history of paintball? If so what?
3. Which type of game is more interesting?
4. Is something missing in the equipment? If yes, what?

16 comments:

  1. I did play paintball once. Great thing, but my shooting accuracy just doesn't exist. During playing I felt like I was a kid in front of computer and playing Quake. Beatiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to play paintball in some kind of abandoned factory, or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played paintball few times. My last game took place about 5 years ago at bygone military field. I must admit I have never heard such name like woodsball but on the basis of your post I suppose this is the correct name of this type of game. Parts of the game which gave me most fun were “capture the flag” and “VIP rescue”. I think this kind of game is more varied than speedball. What’s more, if game takes place in the forest everyone can feel like a soldier. I mean bunkers, fire trenches etc. are what we need during good game! That’s why to me woodsball is better than speedball.

    Unfortunately I dont’know paintball’s history so I’m not able to say is there any bug in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also played paintball several times. Although I really enjoyed it, that last time I did it was over 2 years ago. I have minimal knowledge about this sport so I cannot say anything about the history and equipment (which I always borrowed).
    For sure, the most important thing is choosing a good place for it. When talking about game types, I always had problems when recognizing whether a person is in my team or is it an opponent, so I hope I will never have to take part in a real war ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have played paintball several times. For me it gives to much pain and the markers don't look like normal weapons. That's why I prefer airsoft guns. The weapons are very realistic, and you can feel like a real soldier. The second aspect is the fact, the you can take your girlfriend with you and she won't grumble that it is painful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.I have played paintball once. I was fun, but I still prefer quake 3 arena ;)
    2. I afraid I can't answer this.
    3. I think woodsball looks more interesting.
    4. I think special suit will be nice if you don't want to ruin your cloths

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paintball is one of my favourite sports. The first time when I was taking part in this play was few years ago with my brother. We both liked it very much, that is why we started to play it more and more. The play develops many personal characteristics of the person. Not only does it stimulate security instinct but also the physical condition of the player. You need to show your cleverness as well.
    In my opinion the most interesting version of this game is so called „war game”. When a group of people gather in a place like a abandoned houses, the game can be started. There are some rules of the game, for example, two groups are playing, each group has got different colours of balls. Then one group has a job to do, like moving a ''popular'' person to the safe place. The second group is going to attack them.
    I thin that paintball is a good way to practice a professional soldiers and for sure it worth trying to play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly i never played :( but i always wanted to. Gotta change that soon. I think id like to play it in the woods also. Looks most realistic :P As a newbie cant answer the rest of your questions :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam Dabrowski :
    "real soldier" don't afraid of pain ;p

    1. Do you ever played paintball?
    Yes. I try to play once a month at least.

    2. Did you find any bugs in my history of paintball? If so what?
    I dont’know paintball’s history ;/

    3. Which type of game is more interesting?
    Playing in the woods and abandoned buildings is "tha best" ;p

    4. Is something missing in the equipment? If yes, what?
    You need one big cylinder such as divers have and something that is called "przetoczka" because you will need a lot of compressed air if you want to play more than couple games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a shame but I've never played paintball. Yet I really want and will take first possible opportunity to do so.

    Type of game that would be appropriately "real" for me is woodball.

    As I'm a paintball newbie I'm skipping other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never played paintball so I'm afraid I won't be able to answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I played twice here I liked. This is the way entertainment and you have to have the whole day off. I played in the woods and I liked it better than the built square. I used to have playing in paintball as I have a lot of free time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I played few times and it enjoyed every single moment of playing. Unfortunately, I've played only in forest with natural trenches :) but I would love to try this in some kind of old building. These are best games for me. I don't know history, but you haven't mentioned uniform. We were using military ones. Great for games in forest thanks to their masking pattern and color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats you individuals are doing with this blog site.tippmann gryphon paintball kit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello guys! You have made superb efforts to make this post. This is great thanks

    airsoft guns

    ReplyDelete