Saturday 1 May 2010

Smoking 2.0: E-cigarette

E-cigarette is an electrical device used to pass small amounts of nicotine by inhalation.
The device usually has a shape and dimensions of an ordinary cigarette, pipe or cigar.


There are three main parts of device:
  1. Mouthpiece (cartridge) contains a special fluid-filled (E-liquid), containing nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerol, and optionally aromatic or flavor.
  2. Atomizer heat the liquid to a temperature of 150-180C and by that - it create a steam, which is inhaled by the user. Propylene glycol causes the fluid creates a fog-like smoke.
  3. The battery with LED. Battery life varies depending on the battery type and size, frequency of use, and operating environment. Many different battery charger types are available, such as wall outlet, car, and USB chargers.
Adventages of e-cigarettes:
  1. They are advertised as less harmful alternative to ordinary health tabacco cigarettes, because they are devoid of harmful carcinogenic chemicals, there is only pure nicotine and substance to make a smoke.
  2. No bad smell so we can "smoke" (the better word is, I think: "use") in places, where smoking is forbidden.
  3. It looks elegant and "real" and it doesn't pollute enviroment.
  4. Cartridges are available in many different aromas like fruits, chocolate, shampain, coffe, or imitation of the classic taste of popular brands of cigarettes.



And here are some questions for you:
  1. Do you think that e-cigarettes are the future of "healthy" smoking?
  2. If you are the smoker: do you consider buying e-cigarette?

13 comments:

  1. 1. It is difficult to give the answer now because I only know their advantages from your post ;) but I can imagine that this is a good product.
    2. I've never thought about buying e-cigarettes - I'm still wonder how to stop smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've heard, it's already a best-seller in western Europe. My friends from London are allowed to smoke their e-cigarettes in the office, even while working behind the desk so its also positive for the employer I guess ;) Although, I find a bit over the top.

    I'm not a smoker, but I think it won't get rid of the smoking addiction. It's just a fancier way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes if smoking could be health.

    Neither am I but from my point of view it's better and cheaper alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to me there is no such thing like healthy smoking. But the e-cigarettes are a good option because they are not producing smoke and bad smell. What’s more important they are not so harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a smoker, never was and not planning to be, however I met some people trying those E-cigarettes and I must admit that it looked all right. It looks similar to normal cigarettes but does not give this specific smell. Unfortunately nobody from my friends, who used them stopped smoking normal ones. Maybe in near future it will change.
    As for my information, they are not harmful even in long time of using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they might help but I doubt they will solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was a smoker, I would be more than happy about a possibility of going to a public place with e-cigarette in my hand. And no one can say that it's forbidden to smoke those cigarettes there. Great thing, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a nice innovation but as J.M said the side effects are not fully known yet. I my self smoke a e-cigarette since a few months now and i must admit that it helped me a lot to reduce the number of "analog" cigarettes that i smoke ("Analogs" is a new term for original cigarettes since the electronical one's came out :) ). There is a large discussion about unoticable at this time side effects that can be revealed even after 50 years of using these products. But i dont see it possible how they could be more unhealthy then normal one's

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely much more healthy than traditional cigarettes. Probably best way if want to smoke legally in public places. I'm not regular smoker so I probably don't buy one. I haven't got occasion to try them so far, I wonder if the taste the same as traditional ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that e-cigarettes can help people to return to live without cigarette. I don't know why polish government wants to ban it. Probably that's because producers of e-cigarettes don't pay excise, like tobacco companies do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know that it's healthy we don't realy know what it's inside. But it can help to stop smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately, I smoke cigarettes, and once I tried the e-cigarette, but I think it is different from just a simple e-cigarette. Now is it fashion but it seems to me that smokers will be a traditional smoking. E-cigarette does not taste to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've tried smoking e-cigarettes, but it's not working for me. I won't buy it. I still need 'normal' cigarette after smoking the electronic one. Hard to say if they are the future, depends on regulations and growing prices of tobacco.

    ReplyDelete