Sunday 16 May 2010

Paintball part 2

Hello again!

In my previous entry I told you a little bit about themes related to paintball. Now I want to give you a piece of advice how and where you should start your first game without doing any harm.

At the beginning it's useful to check where in our area there is a paintball field or any other organized game group/club and if anyone of our friends already play. When we find a place to play it comes time to prepare ourselves, we need to think about basic equipment. We can borrow it, at the beginning it's the best idea! We can get equipment directly from the organizers of the game or we can take it from special rental (there are a few in Warsaw). Buying equipment at the beginning is a bad idea for several reasons: we can buy poor equipment for a large cash or simply we may not like it.

The best choice for the first game is to take it on Saturday. You may ask why Saturday?!? Saturday because on Friday we can relax and rest before the game and on Sunday we can cure our nice bruises ;))). A week before the game it's worth doing some sports to stretch. Thanks to that during the game we won’t be breathless and the day after the game we minimize sores. We also should warm up to reduce injuries. The first game we play in the forest, because at hall there is lot of old paintballs and paint which are easy to slip on. In the forest we have more space, it is easier to hide thus you play more strategically.

Before our first game we need to get familiar with the basic safety rules which apply during the tournament:

- the first and basic principle is not to remove the mask during the game and in a place where the loaded markers are.

- before and after every game always turn off the marker and assume the "cap" on the barrel it can be a barrel bag

- don't wave a marker near the people who don't participate in the game (read up)

- don't use already fired balls (they can explode in the barrel)

- before the game begins every player must check balls velocity in his marker (max speed is about 300 feet per second, faster ball can hurt an opponent;/ )

- after the game has begun a distance between shooter and his victim must be greater than one meter!

- we try not to shoot at the back of our opponents head

- during the forest game we don't shoot the animals and we don't go mushroom picking;)

- don't shoot people that are already marked

- the game must be stopped when we spot people without masks who shouldn't be on the field, such as mushroom pickers;)

Sticking to these principles will make the game safer.

Below I attach a few instructional videos, we can learn from them and the exercise are easy to performe without equipment ;).

Good luck!!





Questions
1. Do you agree with all the safety rules I mentioned?
2. Suggest your safety rule
3. Do you think these exercises are useful for beginners?

10 comments:

  1. I completely agree with above rules and I can’t entirely agree with J.M. s4071. It’s true paintball isn’t very sophisticated game but newbies at least should practice with moving target before the first game. Also gamer’s trim is important so morning running is advisable.

    Unfortunately I can’t suggest my own safety rule because I can’t invent anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know eating balls is not very harmful, however I guarantee that after eating one, no one will eat another. Don't ask me how I learnt it :)
    Those rules are very important and most of them are connected with fair play rules. I wouldn't like to be shot from a smaller distance than 1 meter. Safety rules like wearing a mask are quite obvious. Being shot in the eye must be an unpleasant experience. Luckily, I never met a dangerous situation during my games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that exercises you mention are one side of a problem, but more crucial is to have proper clothes and equipment, because this protects you from injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rules are most basic, I couldn't to not agree with them. One you haven't mentioned is "Don't go to play paintball while being drunk or high " ;) I don't know if being sported is so important, you don't run a lot in this game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rules look fine. Id suggest wearing a full scale kask since its hard to always avoid shooting some1 in the back of his head. I mean i never played so im not experienced or something but i heard it hurts a bit and you never know when some1 desides to turn around. About the exercises i think they are quite handy. For egzample Id never know how to run and shoot keeping a steady hand without these tutorial videos ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Do you agree with all the safety rules I mentioned?
    Yes but in real world nobody apply to this rule ;p

    2. Suggest your safety rule
    Don't shoot anybody testicles.

    3. Do you think these exercises are useful for beginners?
    Exercises are always useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult not to agree with those rules.
    My safety rule would be not shooting to me ;-)
    Especially for beginners excercises are crucial thing - but excercise is also a real game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paintall is a quite simple game, but for safety it is good to practice. It is worth training enr runs and taking beads in order not to hurt someone. I think it is not a game for kids, shootings may be painful and bruises may appear. It is good to work on action in order to play fluently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's hard not to agree with these rules as they are pretty rational.

    As I've never played it I'm unable to answer other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure security is important and everyone must abide by the rules. One thing I changed is that the balls do not hurt so much and that the bruises did not:) The two times I played paintball, and even I enjoyed it probably more than once will be a chance to shoot.

    ReplyDelete